A 3D Game Engine for iOS/macOS Game Dev
The Untold Engine is an easy to use, open source, 3D game engine for iOS/macOS game development.
- The Untold Engine is a 3D game engine written in C++ and Metal Graphics (API).
- The game engine is capable of rendering 3D models with textures/normal maps, Shadows, 3D model animations, Skyboxes.
- It contains a Digital Asset Importer used to import 3D models from Blender.
- Is capable of detecting collision between any convex models.
- It emulates physical forces such as gravity, drag, torque.
- It makes use of quaternions and dual quaternions for all rotations and translations.
It supports fonts, sprites, particle systems and various camera types.
What you need?
To run the the Untold Engine, you need the following tools:
- Xcode IDE
- A free Apple Developer Account
- An actual iOS device and a Mac with Metal (API) support.
The Untold Engine is licensed under the LGPL v2.1. This means that if you develop a game using the Untold Engine, you do not need to open source your game. However, if you create a derivative of the Untold Engine, then you must apply the rules stated in the LGPL v2.1. That is, you must open source the derivative work.
It took me five years to develop the Untold Engine. So, do not remove my name from the files :).
Contributing to Untold Engine
Since this project has barely been released as an open-source, I am not taking Pull-Request yet. I want to complete the documentation and write more tutorials before allowing Pull-Request.
If you want to help out, I would appreciate if you could report back any bugs you encounter. Make sure to report them at our Github issues, so we all have access to them.
Once I feel that the documentation is ready, I will allow Pull-Request.
My name is Harold Serrano, and I developed the Untold Engine, an open source 3D game engine written in C++ and Metal Graphics (API).